I hope you take the time to read this post… it is important to me.
Since I started this blog several years ago, I have written over 400 posts… with the intent of helping colleagues and their athletes by sharing some of my experience.
I have not asked for anything in return… that is the nature of our profession.
Today I am asking for some help with a new project of mine that I think will be of interest to you, and hopefully gain your support
Today I am launching my YouTube Channel, YouCanDoMore.
This channel is for Coaches, Parents, and Athletes, and will deal specifically with the recruiting process. It will essentially be the same information that is contained in the presentation I have given many times (and is on my blog), only in bite-sized segments … probably 8-10 minutes. Each segment will deal with a different aspect of recruiting (ie gauging level of interest, making a highlight video, ACT testing, etc) and I plan on airing about one new segment each week for a total of around 25-30 videos.
The videos will be professionally done, and will include great content and information.
This is not a recruiting service… quite the opposite. It is intended to teach athletes and parents how to use various tools and concepts I will supply, to do the work that a recruiting service would ask $100’s to do.
I have chosen this format for a few reasons.
- It extends my reach
- The video format allows for better understanding than just the printed word (my blog)
- This format will allow for comments and questions after each segment. As you know in a large auditorium setting, students (and parents) often feel intimidated/ inhibited asking questions. I WILL answer every individual question after each segment airs.
- When I have given this seminar, it is an “all day sucker”… lasting about 4-5 hours. Being bite-sized chunks allows for consumption and digestion at the viewers own pace.
- I am also planning on including interviews with current coaches (College and HS in a variety of sports) regarding the recruiting process.
The channel itself will be free, BUT I am also including a way that viewers can help compensate me for the videos… if they feel the content is worthy, and the are financially able. I will be using a platform called Patreon that allows viewers to become Patrons (for a really small fee) of my work. The Patrons WILL have access to additional content.
How can you help? Here are a couple of ways….
- I always welcome your input, and will be calling on some of you to share your expertise regarding the recruiting process via video interview.
- Please share links to my YouTube Channel (YouCanDoMore) and encourage your athletes to begin the video series.
- Use your social media connections (Twitter, Facebook, Hudl, Instagram, etc) to help get the word of the channel out to your players and colleagues. ReTweet, Share, Like…. All of the above.
- Visit my Patreon page and consider becoming a Patron of this project.
What’s in this for you as a Coach?
One of the main points I make in the series (to both athletes and their parents) is that although your coach will be the main conduit to college recruiters, they will not GET you a scholarship… It is up to the athlete to do everything in their power (off-season workouts, practice, academics, character, etc) to make themselves a remarkable, recruitable athlete in their coach’s and recruiter’s eyes.
This information will be applicable for athletes, parents, and coaches in all sports. I make the point that if you are a senior, it is late in the process, but there will still be information in the series that can help you… if you are in 8th grade, it is not too early to start thinking about the collegiate recruiting process, and what it will take to realize your goals.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and thanks for your continued support of this blog… nearly half a millions views!
Remember – You Can Do More… your brain is lying to you…. Don’t Believe It!
Jeff Floyd – email@example.com