Let me share this one more time. Every day I read Seth Godin’s blog. His blog would be categorized as a marketing/ business type blog – not directly athletic or sports related at all. Nevertheless, I find it interesting and useful daily. Often I find it directly applicable to coaching, and athletics. Today was one of those days. Here is the text of today’s post:
“I’m making money, why do more?”
- Because doing more than you need to makes it personal.
- Because work that belongs to you, by choice, is the first step to making art.
- Because the choice to do more brings passion to your life and it makes you more alive.
- Because if you don’t, someone else will, and in an ever more competitive world, doing less means losing.
- Because you care.
- Because we’re watching.
- Because you can.
The initial question can easily be changed to apply to athletics and coaching:
“I’m starting on my team, why do more?” or
“We’re winning games, why do more?” or
“I was All-Conference last year, why do more?
- Because it makes your work personal
- Because it brings passion to your life and makes you more alive
- Because if you don’t you will eventually lose
- Because you care
- Because you can
- You Can Do More!
Tomorrow I will share some data regarding the Power Quotient and Vertical Leap.
Jeff Floyd – firstname.lastname@example.org Follow on Twitter @youcandomore1
Stop by my Squidoo Lens – You Can Do More!