- My wife, Jamie’s, birthday… 8/8/64… a square root baby… through the years her birthday celebration has always been a little shortchanged because it falls right when fall practices are gearing up… she has always (mostly always) been very understanding.
- Wedding anniversaries… my anniversary… 8/13/83… along with MANY coaching colleagues fall during the last week of July through the first week of August. For the old-timers, the first official practice day used to be set at August 15. I was married on a Friday, and started 2-a-days the next Monday. This year was our 31st … (we celebrated by going to see Rod Stewart and Santana at the Sprint Center.)
- Heat… although this year has been slightly different in Missouri, normally when football fall camp started, you can count on the heat index being around 100+.
- Blog stats… The stats on my blog site show a huge spike on the posts dealing with football… especially the game planning posts. During the last couple of weeks, there have been nearly 700 views of posts relating to game planning… 9 out of the top 10 posts (based on traffic) are on game planning, and there have been over 500 downloads of my game planning tools from the site. Coaches are grinding!
Good luck to everyone as they head into the 2014 season… enjoy the journey… embrace the grind.
- Defensive Game Planning – All Posts, Forms, and Video
- The Grit and “The Grind”
- Mettle, Metal and Adversity
- Enjoy the Journey
You Can Do More… your brain is lying to you…. Don’t Believe It!
Jeff Floyd – email@example.com