I have always driven by data.
- Data has always driven my game planning preparation
- Data has always driven my practice preparation
- Date has always driven my strength and conditioning curriculum and schedule
Looking at the data for this blog gives me some insight as well.
Besides providing information on the posts that are most popular (see post “Top” posts “Best” posts ) it also lists who the top referrers are… people and web sites that have sent readers to my blog:
- Coach Keith Grabowski
- Kansas Prep Football
- The X’s and O’s of Football Coach Huey
- Washington Post
- Football by Jayopsis
I would like to take this opportunity to thank these people, and in turn recommend them as a source of football specific information… just click on any of the above links for some great information!
Many times readers arrive at my blog, not due to being specifically referred by a trusted source, but by typing a search term in Google, Bing, Yahoo, or some other search engine. Over 4,000 page views have been from people who have landed via one of these search engines.
All told, there have been over 500 different search terms that readers have used to land at my blog. The most popular search criteria were from coaches who were specifically searching for some form of defensive game day call sheet…. Over 360 views with 60 variations of that search term. This data tells me that there a was a large group of football coaches looking for a good tool to use on game day, and my game planning posts resonated with this group.
There have also been some very specific search terms from coaches wanting to find a particular item:
- youcandomore Jeff Floyd
- 40 yard dash fitness test
- hang snatch technique
- percentage based football strength training program
These searches landed them (eventually) on the pages linked above, and hopefully provided information that was helpful to them.
Another group of terms looking for some very specific tech advice:
- How to telestrate in imovie
- PowerPoint telestrating
- Telestration from Hudl to iMovie
- Can I use iMovie with Hudl
- Can iMovie screen record
- Hudl with iPad
Other searches were a little less specific… a little more general:
- What happens during a football recruiting home visit
- What to do in a defensive press box
- College football recruiting information
- How do I gauge a college coach interest in me
Typically these turned up several pages of my blog as possible sources of information.
Others still were a little absurd:
These landed them on pages of mine that DID mention these things, but they were used as analogies … sorry to those I led astray.
Some general observations and reflections:
- There is a lot of information available on the Internet
- There are a lot of coaches, athletes, and parents looking for help, be it very specific, or more general.
- Some people are hungry… ready to dig deep to find information that they want. When I typed in some of these search terms, my blog did not always show up on the first page… often not even the second or third page of results.
- Pretty much everything I have shared, was shared with me at one point in time…. that is why I freely share… that is what the “coaching fraternity” is all about.
Remember – You Can Do More… your brain is lying to you…. Don’t Believe It!
Jeff Floyd – email@example.comFollow @youcandomore1