Let me start by thanking Coach Keith Grabowski of Baldwin Wallace University for the kind words in his post today, Follow Up: Advice to young coaches taking on a (Defensive) Coordinator Role. His previous post on this topic (Advice to young coaches taking on a Coordinator Role) was geared to the offensive side of the ball, but most of his advice is applicable to ALL coaches, young or old, offense or defense, coordinator or position coach.
I have had several additional questions, and a few requests regarding the Defensive Game Planning series. I will try to take care of those items today.
First, if you have the app Flipboard on your mobile device (it is available for iPhone or Android, but is optimized for iPad), I have put all of the Defensive Game Planning posts in a Flipboard “magazine” that can be downloaded at this link:
A second option – here is a link to every post, followed by links to all of the forms that I have referenced in the series:
- Defensive Game Planning – Genealogy
- Defensive Game Planning – Weekly Workflow
- Defensive Game Planning – Film Breakdown and Formation Analysis
- Defensive Game Planning – The Ready List
- Defensive Game Planning – The Play Grid
- Defensive Game Planning – The Call Sheet
- Defensive Game Planning – Game Procedures
- Defensive Game Planning – FAQ’s
- Defensive Game Planning – Flipped Coaching
- Defensive Installation Progression
- Bonus Material
Forms and Videos in this series:
- Defensive Weekly Work Schedule
- Film Grading Spreadsheet
- Sample Tuesday Practice Script
- Sample Wednesday Practice Script
- Sample Formation Analysis
- Sample Ready List
- Developing the Ready List Video
- Sample Play Grid
- Blank Play Grid
- Play Grid Video
- Sample Call Sheet
- Blank Call Sheet
- Call Sheet Video
- Blank Film Call Sheet
- Sample Play Analysis Chart
- Blank Play Analysis Chart
- Sample Position Group Reminders
- Sample Position Group Test
- Sample Film Worksheet
All of this information will be included in an iBook that I hope to complete within the year.
If there is another way you would like this information delivered, just let me know and I will try to accommodate.
Tomorrow I will talk about some ideas on “Flipping” your meeting time when prepping for your opponent.
You Can Do More… your brain is lying to you… Don’t Believe It!
Jeff Floyd – firstname.lastname@example.org